For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost. – Luke 19:10
The mission of Search and Rescue is to equip Christians to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to unbelievers in our community, workplace, neighborhood and family. We have a desire to fulfill the Great Commission by preaching the gospel and making disciples (Matthew 28:19-20). As Christians, we should be passionate about the glory of God. If we sincerely desire to follow Him, we should be moved with compassion to reach the lost. All believers in our church should be equipped how to share their faith simply, effectively and biblically. The work of evangelism is challenging, but it can be accomplished by God through us, by the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
As a ministry, we believe:
- That the chief end of every ministry and evangelistic work is the Glory of God.
- That our mission is to proclaim the name of Jesus Christ to every person we come across in our local community, workplace, neighborhood and families by fulfilling the Great Commission of preaching the gospel and making disciples (Matthew 28:19-20)
- That as Christians, we should be passionate about the glory of God and if we sincerely desire to follow Him, we should be moved with compassion and a sense of urgency to reach out to the lost who have not heard the gospel. We all realize that we live in a dying world in desperate need of a Savior in our Lord Jesus Christ. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23)
- That ALL of us are called and commanded to preach the Gospel to all the world (Mark 16:15). Next to loving God, this should be our ultimate obsession because there is no greater act of showing our love and concern for others than by preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ as the power of God for salvation to those who believe (Romans 1:16)
- That such work of evangelism can only be accomplished by God, through Christ and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
- That all believers in our local church should be equipped how to share their faith simply, effectively and biblically so we can preach the word and be ready in season and out of season to reprove, rebuke, and exhort with great patience and instruction (2 Timothy 4:2)
E4L Evangelism Training: Evangelism and Apologetics Equipping For Life Classes are held at FBC at various times throughout the year. For more information, watch the weekly bulletin or contact Eddie Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Evangelism Discipleship: Search and Rescue practices evangelism at many local and not-so-local locations throughout the year, including house to house, the Temecula Mall, MSJC Campus, Oceanside, Mission Inn’s Festival of Lights and various seasonal public events. If you would like to join us to observe or participate, contact Eddie Roman at email@example.com