What does it mean to be ‘One Heart, One Mind’?
We believe church “membership” is a biblical concept, that the New Testament presupposes and expects Christians to belong to, serve within and submit to a local church. By becoming a member, you are saying, “I am one heart and one mind with the doctrine and direction of Faith Bible Church.”
Why does FBC have membership?
- It is biblical, not in the concept of a social club or service provider, but as a family and an embassy.
- Local churches are to identify and affirm who belongs to God’s kingdom and who does not.
- Membership unifies our church body in purpose & direction.
- to disciple and train up men who’ll demonstrate and speak of Christ in their homes, their workplace and their churches
- Membership provides boundaries to what’s taught in our church, as membership is required for teachers and those who provide spiritual care for others in our body.
How do I become ‘One Heart, one Mind’?
If you are interested in becoming a member of Faith Bible Church, you need to:
- Attend the Membership Classes: click for more information! (Note: Membership Classes are not mandatory; they are available for you to get to know our church and to help you go through the five required messages)
- Listen to the five messages on ‘One Heart, One Mind’ membership
- Write out your understanding of the gospel on 1 page (or less)
- Complete a short Membership Form and have it signed by your ministry leader
- Be interviewed by an elder, deacon or ministry leader
- Have your membership application reviewed and approved by the eldership
Who can be a ‘One Heart, one Mind’ member of FBC?
Anyone can be, assuming …
- you are at least 16 years of age
- you regularly attend Faith Bible Church
- you have been baptized
- you are planning to serve somewhere at FBC, ministering your giftedness & strengths to the benefit of others
What are my responsibilities as a ‘One Heart, One Mind’ member?
We expect that you’ll strive to do what God commands of Christians …
- seek to grow spiritually and know God better with each passing year
- pray regularly for families at FBC, as well as its elders, deacons and ministry leaders
- minister your spiritual giftedness and personal strengths at Faith Bible Church
- fight against division and strife within the church
- manifest compassion and mercy towards Christians and non-Christians alike
- to be known by others for your humility
Sermon outlines are available for download at the above links.