Men of the Word 2021-2022
The prophet Daniel is known for his unflinching courage in the cultural crisis of ancient Babylon. While facing tremendous pressure to conform to a pagan nation and its idol worship, he refused to compromise his character and commitment to live in obedience to the one, true God.
The Church today desperately needs men with the “sheer guts” of Daniel. He understood that our unchanging, powerful, sovereign God is on His throne and that both the present and the future are being orchestrated by Him for His glory. Like Daniel, we can take heart and live courageously because our Lord Jesus said, “Take courage, I have overcome the world” John 16:33.
This fall (September 14 – November 16, 2021), we will be diving into the first seven chapters of the book of Daniel which are the basis for the book, Brave By Faith by Alistair Begg. The emphasis is on the WHY and HOW of being courageous in a Christ-less culture.
This winter/spring (January 4 – April 12, 2022), we will delve into the classic work by J.C. Ryle, Holiness (abridged edition). Ryle emphasizes the Essentials of Courage by advocating personal application of the doctrine of sanctification and proactively pursuing personal holiness.
What to expect when you “enlist” for Men of the Word
- Every man will be in a Squad led by a Squad Shepherd who will love and lead his men by example. “Remember those who lead you…and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith” Hebrews 13:7.
- Being a “Soldier for the Savior”…fearless, dependable, disciplined, COURAGEOUS. “No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier” 2 Timothy 2:4
- Like soldiers on the battlefield, “no man is left behind.” Combating a Christ-less culture means leadership will lovingly, gently, but directly exhort a brother in Christ who is MIA through indifference, laziness, or spiritual complacency…in other words, to get “back in the fight”.
- Weekly Schedule: September 14-November 16: 1) Teaching (Daniel 1-7) -20 min. 2) Squad Time: 1 hr. 10 min. Prayer, Scripture Memory, Discussion on the Book, Brave By Faith by Alistair Begg, takeaways for life.
- Scripture Memory includes: Romans 15:13; 1 Peter 1:13; 1 Peter 3:15 (Theme: HOPE) Three verses in 7 months, one verse every 2 months.
What: A commitment to Christ-like Courage in a Christ-less Culture
When: 5:30-7:00 am, EVERY Tuesday, September 14-November 16, 2021 (10 weeks), January 4-April 12, 2022 (15 weeks)
Where: Faith Bible Church Temecula
Registration: Sunday, August 15, 22, 29 after both worship services. To help expedite the purchase of binders and materials, please pay $20.00 in cash when you register. Binders are available at the sign up table.
You can also Register Here!
Books; Men purchase their books from Amazon or other distributors. Please have the Intro of Brave By Faith, pages 11-16 and the Study Guide, pages 4-5 completed by our start date, September 14.