Men of the Word 2021-2022
This spring (January 4 – April 12, 2022), we will delve into the classic work by J.C. Ryle, Holiness (abridged edition). Ryle emphasizes the Essentials of Courage by advocating personal application of the doctrine of sanctification and proactively pursuing personal holiness.
What to expect when you “enlist” for Men of the Word
- Every man will be in a Squad led by a Squad Shepherd who will love and lead his men by example. “Remember those who lead you…and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith” Hebrews 13:7.
- Being a “Soldier for the Savior”…fearless, dependable, disciplined, COURAGEOUS. “No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier” 2 Timothy 2:4
- Like soldiers on the battlefield, “no man is left behind.” Combating a Christ-less culture means leadership will lovingly, gently, but directly exhort a brother in Christ who is MIA through indifference, laziness, or spiritual complacency…in other words, to get “back in the fight”.
- Weekly Schedule: September 14-November 16: 1) Teaching (Daniel 1-7) -20 min. 2) Squad Time: 1 hr. 10 min. Prayer, Scripture Memory, Discussion on the Book, Brave By Faith by Alistair Begg, takeaways for life.
- Scripture Memory includes: Romans 15:13; 1 Peter 1:13; 1 Peter 3:15 (Theme: HOPE) Three verses in 7 months, one verse every 2 months.
What: A commitment to Christ-like Courage in a Christ-less Culture
When: 5:30-7:00 am, EVERY Tuesday, January 4-April 12, 2022 (15 weeks)
Books; Men purchase their books from Amazon or other distributors. A study guide will be emailed in mid-December. Your squad shepherd (small group leader) will also contact you.