We believe Communication is Critical!
It feels like changes are coming quick. Ten days ago, we talked as a staff about the what-if of being restricted in our gatherings. Today, Patrick messaged the pastoral team to say that Ralphs has toilet paper in stock. (Thankfully we had enough already!)
We are rejoicing because though the restrictions keep changing, our body keeps on serving and loving one another. We have all been super encouraged by how everyone is caring for, and communicating with, one another during this time. Praise God for the love for others that He has instilled within our church family!!
Who are you communicating with?
Do you have some people to check in with? As we move into a full lockdown, are there people you can call and talk with so you don’t get cabin fever? Maybe you are newer to our church and hadn’t yet really connected. Or you’ve only recently moved here and feel a bit isolated. Nonetheless, it is important to talk to others!
Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad. (Proverbs 12:25)
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. (Proverbs 17:17)
But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. (Hebrews 3:13)
Talking with other Christians is critical. It is part of how God designed the Body of Christ. Though everything is in flux, we have a God who is not. His Word is unchanging, His plan is unaffected, and His wisdom is inscrutable. We can trust Him, no matter what happens. We need people to remind us of these truths during days of testing. We need one another to push us towards prayer and the Word of God.
More Bible Study?
Coming next week, there are NEW bible studies launching! There will be some videos, some book discussions, even some Scripture-reading groups, from what we hear. We are working right now to nail down the days/times/methods of these new weekly studies, so look for them next week!
More from the FBC Pastors?
Next week, we plan to start to releasing daily video content from the FBC pastoral staff. It will be 3-5 minute videos, posted to YouTube, IGTV on Instagram and Facebook (I think). We want to help you think, laugh and worship during these days of isolation. Make sure to subscribe to whatever channels you frequent.
Experiments in Interaction
With the Sunday patio being gone for awhile, we have been thinking about how to have an open conversation online during the week. Here’s what we’re thinking about TO TRY:
- Tuesday 8:30PM – Video Chat with FBC Pastoral Staff (only for FBC members this first time, March 24)
- Saturday 7:30AM – FBC Pastors AMA [Ask-Me-Anything], starting March 28
If you’ve got questions you want to ask, or you’re simply looking for more communication and connection with others, we’d love to have you join in. We’ll push out details next week on exactly how to do that.
Read past FBC Alerts
- Worship at FBC on July 4-5 June 30, 2020
- Join us for Worship on June 20-21! June 17, 2020
- Register for Worship on June 13-14! June 7, 2020
- Join Us for Church, the First Sunday Post-Quarantine! May 31, 2020
- Join an ONLINE Bible Study March 26, 2020
- Want More Than Email Updates During Covid-19? March 19, 2020
- How to Join Us LIVE for Worship When You Can’t March 18, 2020
- How Should I Feel About the COVID Outbreak? March 14, 2020
- How to Join Us LIVE for Worship on March 15, 2020 March 13, 2020
- FBC Ministries – Status Update March 13, 2020
- How to Participate in the Sunday Livestream March 13, 2020
- Where to Attend Church This Sunday March 13, 2020